Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Word of Reminder

A Word of Reminder

If you are interested, all the January reading notes are in one Word document at https://sites.google.com/site/dlkachikis/posts

Laura and I are reading our January notes--hard copy--enjoying them and I'm making revisions for 2014.

Thank you for all the prayers for me and Laura. I was happy to think that this was my last assignment. In some of you who are reading, I feel I may have made my contribution to the harvest. That would be more than enough for me.

I think of Noah seeing all the people who rejected God for 100 years while building the ark. Then after the flood I'll bet he was disillusioned seeing that virtually no one was interested in the promise. One day in Noah's last few years a new man stepped into the community. He not only listened to the stories, but Noah could see him grasp the promise in faith. This man was Abraham, who was born 50 years before Noah's death. I have to think that Abraham's interaction with Noah was used by God to develop Abe's faith and to show Noah that his labor was not in vain.

In all of our work in following and making disciples, the Lord will bring people who will love Christ and follow Him into the harvest, reaching the lost and making disciples who make disciples. That makes it all worth it.

And it looks like the Lord has another assignment for me. So I guess I'll stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment