Saturday, December 22, 2012

Important note for next year

As I mentioned before, there will be no new revision of the Reading Notes for 2013. The revised notes will remain on this blog in the 2012 section. (I would ignore 2011.) Please feel free to use these and to refer them to others with whom you might be meeting in discipleship groups. The notes are free and free to use. When Jesus sent the twelve out to preach for the first time He told them Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay. (Matthew 10:8, ESV) I don't normally do those first four things, but I feel compelled about that last sentence. It is the Lord's Word and His Spirit and His harvest. If anyone can benefit from the notes, I want them to be used and shared, free of charge. All I ask is that they not be published under another name. I think giving credit where credit is due is only fair.

Now having said that, though I have no intention of publishing the notes (the book would be too big), Laura has worked to put all the January notes in one file. Our intent is to print these out for ourselves and read them daily as we are reading our One-Year Bibles in 2013. I hate having my quiet time near the computer and I like making notes and marks and lines and stuff. Our plan is to put the readings together for each month, for all twelve months. I will put this Word document on our webpage, so it will be available for you to download and print it for yourself. In fact, if you have a group and everybody wants a copy, go nuts. Again, all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due.

https://sites.google.com/site/dlkachikis/posts

So, I hope this is a help for you. I don't know who most of you are, but I do pray for you when I see that someone in some country has read the notes. May the Lord bless you as you follow Him this Christmas and in this New Year in the Harvest, reaching out to the lost and making disciples who make disciples.

In Christ,

Dan Kachikis

dgkachikis@gmail.com

P.S. Oh, yeh, if you know of anyone looking for a pastor, let me know. Ho, Ho, Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment