Sunday, February 28, 2010

Can it be that complex?

I've had this long-standing project to put up a bird feeder. That's gotta be easy. So I figured out where and then did the How. It had to be squirrel proof and I figured I would make it easy for the birds by attaching actual branches, making it as homey as any bird would want. Then as a special treat I put old Panera bread on it. What more could a bird want, right?

So two days later....the bread is still there and no birds.

So now I'm going back to all my church planting thoughts

Do I just need to be patient...surely they'll find it
Do I know enough about where to put a feeder?
Do they like Panera bread?
Did I do this for me or for them?

It made me think that one of the easiest things for Christians to do, is to assume they know what unchurched people need...largely because they don't know any or many, and that the first thing to do is to find them and ask them what They want.

No comments:

Post a Comment